Transition into Ravenscote is a big concern and worry for many parents and children. The main worries are to do with the size of our school and how we construct the classes.
Our Transition Programme aims to prepare the children and parents for the move to ‘Big School’. We have developed effective communication lines with our feeder schools and evaluate them annually to ensure every child’s needs are met.
Our staff visit all the children in their year 2 classes to enable us to build on their learning journeys. Extensive consultation with the infant schools enables us to make the transition into Ravenscote as successful as possible.
Successful transition is all about effective communication and partnership with parents and the local schools. We work together for the benefit of our community so that every child does matter. The following events enable us to support the children and families in enjoying a successful transition:
- Visits to feeder schools – with lots of stickers!!!!
- Regular Liaison with your child’s current teachers
- Induction days to meet the teacher and class mates
- Open Evening for the whole family
- New Parents Information Evening
- Regular letters building up to when your child starts
- Meetings with parents, if requested in the summer term
- Meet The Teacher Evening – within the first week of the Autumn term
- Open door policy all year round
- Parental Information Form